Last updated: May 1st, 2021
This policy applies to your use of EPICA services. By “EPICA services,” we mean any of our website, store, game, game developer tools, applications, or other products or services that link to this policy. In particular user game specific data, collected, transmitted, or used to authenticate and process user by EPICA services, is based on Epic Games services. EPICA services use Steam to store your game relevant information.
Please see “How to Contact Us” below to learn more about sending us any privacy-related questions or concerns you may have.
Information We Collect
We generally collect information in three ways: (1) you voluntarily provide information to us, such as by creating an account, making purchases, or signing up for email alerts, (2) we collect information automatically from your use of the EPICA services, such as through cookies or our games and other software, and (3) other parties, such as game console platforms and social networks, may provide information to us. Each of these methods is described in more detail below.
(1) Information You Provide
You may provide your personal information to us when you choose to install our game, and register a game account with EPICA. Because we change our offerings and features from time to time, the options you have to provide us with information also may change. Some of the most common examples of situations in which you may provide information to us include:
- Creating an account;
- Downloading our game, EPICA;
- Using the EPICA services’ social features (see below “When You Use Social Features of the EPICA Services”);
- Purchasing something from us or otherwise engaging in a transaction with us;
- Entering online competitions or registering for or participating in special events;
- Entering contests or sweepstakes, participating in any of our promotions, or accepting any prizes from us;
- Signing up for email alerts or subscribing to receive other information from us;
- Completing a survey;
- Using a computer or console device, such as a PC, to play our game or use our applications; and
- Contacting us for any reason, such as by email, including for technical support or customer service.
The specific types of information you may be able to provide us will often vary depending on the EPICA services you are using and how you interact with them.
For example, you’ll need an EPICA account to access certain parts of theEPICA services. If you’d like to create one, you may be asked to provide basic registration details like your name, a public-facing display name, password, and email address.
If you’d like to make a purchase, we may ask you to provide billing information (like your card’s payment account number and expiration date) to enable the transaction. Sometimes we ask for other information like your phone number, postal address, billing address, and date of birth. We’ll also collect information when you choose to share it with us directly in any other way, including by sending it as part of a communication with EPICA (like through Player Support requests) or other users of the EPICA services (like through in-game chat or forum posts).
Some of our websites also provide a feature that supports job applications, in which case we also ask for your resume, real name, email address, and phone number. We use this information to determine if you are qualified for the position for which you applied or to contact you to set up an interview.
(2) Information We Collect Automatically
We collect some information automatically when you visit our website, or play the game. We typically aggregate this data and use it in statistical form to determine trends among groups of users, rather than using it to identify individuals. If a combination of information that we collect does identify you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
We collect information automatically through technologies such as web browsers, cookies, log files, web beacons, and our back-end servers collect usage data transmitted from the EPICA services. We use the information for purposes such as modifying or improving features, managing advertising, addressing technical issues, preventing fraud or misuse of our services, and conducting data analytics. The type of information that we automatically collect may vary, but generally includes:
- Technical information about your computer, device, hardware, or software you use to access the Internet or our services, such as IP address or other transactional or identifier information for your device (such as device make and model, information about device operating systems and browsers, or other device or system related specifications);
- Usage information and statistics about your interaction with the EPICA services, which may include the URLs of our websites that you have visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, the application you used or the game you played, how long you used or played it and when, and other usage statistics;
- Crash reports, which may be automatically generated when a game or application crashes and includes information about your system and the crash;
- Information that facilitates a safer and more personalized experience, such as your display name or other user identification provided in connection with your application use or game play, saved preferences, game progress, and device identifiers or usage information for authentication and fraud prevention purposes; and
- The location of your device, such as may be derived from your device’s IP address.
Please note that if certain features on the EPICA services are provided by third parties, those third parties may also use automated means of data collection and may record information about your use of the EPICA services or others’ websites over time. These features are subject to those third parties’ privacy notices and policies. Specifically this may include Steam, and or Epic Games, depending on how and where you gained access to EPICA services.
Fraud Prevention & Anti-Cheat:
Providing users with a fair, balanced, and competitive experience on the EPICA services is extremely important to us. We strictly enforce prohibitions against cheating, hacking, account stealing, and any other unauthorized or fraudulent activity on the EPICA services. When you create a EPICA account, buy our products or services, play our game, or otherwise interact with EPICA on or through the EPICA services, we may use a variety of anti-cheat and fraud prevention technologies to help us identify and prevent malicious activity. These services may collect and analyze data about the game binary or your computer to detect cheating, and may be provided by EPICA or by third parties such as BattleEye.
(3) Information We Receive from Others
In some cases, other parties provide us with information about you, or allow us to collect information about you. We generally collect information from other parties in four ways: (1) you interact with EPICA using a service that is not controlled by us, such as a social network, (2) you choose to use a social feature of the EPICA services, (3) you access EPICA services through another party, such as a gaming console or mobile device operator, or (4) you link a third party account to your EPICA account. In some cases, we are not able to control the amount or type of information that other parties, like social networks, make available to us. In those cases, we use only the data that we need to provide the types of services we think our users want and expect. Although we cannot control your privacy settings at those websites or how those other parties protect your privacy, once we receive information about you through those websites, we will treat it in accordance with this policy.
When You Interact with EPICA on Third Party Services
When you interact with EPICA on a website or app not controlled by EPICA, that website or app may allow EPICA access to certain information about you. For example, social networks may provide us with information from your profile on their services or other information that you agreed the social network or other party could provide to us.
When You Use Social Features of the EPICA Services
When you choose to use some of the EPICA services’ social features, you allow EPICA to receive information about you from third parties (like social networks). Our social features promote and facilitate interaction among players, such as by allowing you and your friends to work together to meet a shared challenge presented by our game or application. You may be able to use these features to find out if your friends are actively playing the game and using the feature, to find out if they used it in the past, and to invite them to join with you to meet a game challenge.
If you choose to use one of our social features, you may be asked to log into a social network through our game or application. The social network may then provide EPICA with information such as your social network user ID, your profile picture, and the user IDs and profile pictures of your connections.
When You Access EPICA Services through Other Parties or Devices
We may also receive information about you from the organizations that sell our game or applications, or which provided the gaming system you use. Those parties may provide us with information regarding your account or registration, but they do not give us your payment information. Because those organizations determine what information they will collect from you, it may vary according to their services, but is likely to include details such as your display name and user ID for those services, as well as device and region information.
When You Link a Third Party Account to Your EPICA Account
If you choose to link a third party account, such as a gaming console or social media account, to your EPICA account, the third party will provide EPICA with information about that account. Because those organizations determine what information they will collect from you, it may vary according to their services, but is likely to include details such as your third party account display name and user ID, as well as associated device information, name, and email address.
How We Use and Share Information
As a general matter, we use and share the information we collect (either individually or in combination with other information collected as described in this policy) to help us provide, improve, customize, analyze, and market the EPICA services where we have an appropriate basis to do so.
We rely on several different legal bases to process personal information for the purposes disclosed in this policy. These often depend on the exact nature of your relationship with EPICA, but common examples include:
To support our legitimate interests, such as:
- To communicate with you, respond to your requests, or provide you with updates and information;
- To better understand our users and their preferences;
- To personalize your experience, save your preferences, authenticate our users, and provide similar user-experience features;
- To develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, and other offerings, some of which may be offered in partnership with other parties;
- To manage and customize advertisements or promotional offers;
- For security purposes; and
- For internal purposes such as auditing and data analysis.
- To provide services that are subject to terms you have accepted, such as enforcing our licenses, agreements, and terms of service, which may include reasonable monitoring to detect and prevent misuse or fraud, keep our games fair for all users, and otherwise protect and defend the EPICA services.
- When you give consent, which you can withdraw at any time.
- To comply with legal obligations.
We store personal information for as long as we reasonably need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. For example, if you create an EPICA account, we will store the personal information associated with your EPICA account for as long as needed to maintain your account, provide the EPICA services you requested, enforce any applicable terms that govern your use of the EPICA services, and maintain appropriate records to reflect our delivery of the EPICA services to you. We periodically review the personal information we retain to determine whether continued storage is proper.
Service Providers. We share personal information with service providers that we’ve engaged to help support the EPICA services by performing certain services on our behalf and under our instructions. For example, if you make a purchase on the EPICA services, we’ll generally share your billing information with a third-party payment processor to enable your transaction. Other common examples include partners that assist with cloud storage, email marketing of products and services offered by EPICA, Player Support ticketing, and monitoring and securing the EPICA services. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
Affiliates. We may share personal information we collect with Epic Games, Inc. or their subsidiaries to support the EPICA services worldwide.
Marketing Partners. We may share certain limited information, such as device identifiers, with marketing partners for purposes of executing and optimizing campaigns, and gauging the effectiveness of advertising and other marketing strategies solely on EPICA’s behalf.
Epic Games Store. If you purchase the EPICA game from the Epic Games Store, we may share certain information associated with your EPICA account with Epic Games , for appropriate purposes. For example, to support in-game social features we may share your EPICA display name, ID, player records, achievements, and your EPICA friends list. You may also opt-in to share your contact information with Epic Games.
Steam. If you purchase the EPICA game from the Steam store, we may share certain information associated with your EPICA account with Steam, for appropriate purposes. For example, to support in-game social features we may share your EPICA display name, ID, player records, achievements, and your EPICA friends list. You may also opt-in to share your contact information with Steam.
Third-party Account Services. If you sign in to play the EPICA game, or use related applications, using your EPICA account, you may choose to share details about your EPICA account such as your account ID, display name, linked account identifiers, online presence, and your friends using the same game or application. Third-party Account Services are provided by Epic Games and or Steam. Steam is currently used by EPICA to handle user game specific account and gameplay data. Since you require a Steam account to access and play EPICA, the same policies apply when we handle your information or access Steam services, such as Leaderboards, Achievements, or Friends.
Social Features. We may share, or provide you with opportunities to share, information about you with other users of the EPICA services as described in this policy. We also provide services that allow our users to communicate with EPICA and each other, in which case personal information may be shared and account IDs may be displayed. For example, we may share information about you with your social contacts when you and they use the same social features of our games and applications.
We may also disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, or a reasonable request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity, or (iii) if necessary to protect the vital interests of another individual (such as to prevent death, bodily harm, or serious damage to property). We reserve the right to transfer information about our users in the event we sell or transfer all or substantially all our business or assets.
Your Choices and Controls
We seek to provide you with meaningful choices about the personal information you share with EPICA, as well as the ways we may use or share that information.We’ll generally only ask you for personal information that is necessary to provide the EPICA services you request. You can choose not to give us personal information we request, but if you decide not to, you may not be able to access certain parts of the EPICA services and some features may not work as intended.
We may also seek your prior consent to process your information in certain ways. You aren’t required to provide consent if you do not want your personal information to be processed for the requested purposes, and may withdraw your consent at any time. Any withdrawal of consent is only effective on a going-forward basis and will not impact processing we undertook while relying on your consent.
We provide you with the ability to request access to, and correction or deletion of, your personal information. You can update your account information or request that we delete your EPICA account directly through the EPICA services at any time. If you would like to request access to personal information associated with your EPICA account, please see the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Other examples of your choices include:
- You can browse our website without providing any personal information. We may collect some limited information automatically, as described above.
- You may opt out of receiving our marketing messages at any time by using the opt-out mechanism provided in the message.
- You can change your privacy settings on other parties’ websites, such as social networks, which will stop or limit our receipt of information from those other websites. You also may choose not to use social features we make available. If you choose to use these features, you should refrain from posting personal information that will be visible to others, such as including your email address in a forum or during a chat.
- You may change your browser settings or take other steps to block, manage, or delete cookies. Not all of our websites and online services currently respond to browser “do not track” signals, so you will need to use your browser settings to effectively manage cookies. In some cases, blocking or disabling cookies may cause our websites, games, and applications not to work as intended and some features may not be available.
- You can limit interest-based advertising by opting out at www.aboutads.info/choices/ or www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. If you are located in Europe, more information is available at www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
- If you are under the age of 18 and have an account for our websites, mobile apps, game engines, games, or other online services, you may request that we remove certain content that you provided, such as deleting or editing comments you have posted. You also may ask us to assist you in removing or anonymizing content you have posted by contacting us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section of this policy. Please be aware that taking these steps may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on our websites, online services, applications, or games. We also may not be able to remove content you post if applicable law requires us to maintain the posting or if another party has re-posted the content to a website, app, game or other online service that we do not own or control.
You may also exercise and amend your choices by sending an email to us as detailed in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
EEA and UK Residents. If you are an EEA or UK resident, you may have the right to access your information, the right to correct your information, the right to request deletion of your personal information, the right to request restricted processing of your personal information, the right to a portable copy of the personal information you have provided, and the right to object to processing of your personal information, such as for direct marketing. For more information about exercising these rights, send an email to the address specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
EEA and UK residents may contact EPICA’s data protection officer with any questions or concerns about our handling of personal information at legendsofepica @ gmail.com. EEA and UK residents also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority if they have concerns about EPICA’s handling of personal information.
California Residents. If you are a California resident and are not a job applicant, employee or employee of another company interacting with us in your job, you have the right to ask us what personal information we have collected and shared about you, the right to request deletion of your personal information, and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights. For more information about exercising these rights, send an email to the address specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Sales of Information. EPICA only uses the personal information we collect to help provide, support, and improve the EPICA services as described in this policy, and we do not sell this information to third parties.
How We Protect Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use and other unlawful forms of processing. In some cases, your information is accessible when you log into a feature we offer, and in those cases you need to keep your user credentials and password confidential and secure so that your information is protected.
The EPICA services are intended to be appropriate for general audiences and are not directed to children (usually considered to be under 13, depending on where you reside). EPICA does not intentionally collect personal information from children without seeking any required parental approval in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory obligations, such as the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
We may ask you to provide age-related information in order to help us comply with laws like COPPA. For example, we may request your date of birth to determine whether COPPA requires us to obtain verifiable parental consent from your parent or guardian before allowing you to access the EPICA services.
If a user indicates they are a COPPA minor, we’ll require that user to complete a parental approval process before continuing to access the relevant EPICA services. This process is designed to notify parents that their child has requested access to the EPICA services, inform them about EPICA’s privacy practices, offer them the opportunity to approve EPICA’s collection and use of their child’s information as described in this policy.
Once a parent provides their consent, we’ll give them an opportunity to review and change important account settings that control how their child can interact with the EPICA services. Parents are also generally free to change or revoke the choices they’ve previously made, and can review the personal information associated with their child’s account or request that we delete it from our systems. To submit these requests or ask us any other questions you may have about how we handle your child’s personal information, please see “How to Contact Us” below.
Authorized child accounts are otherwise treated much like other EPICA accounts. They can generally play EPICA, access communications and social features (like chat and friends lists), and freely interact with most of the EPICA services. For additional details, please see the “Information We Collect” and “How We Use and Share Information” sections of the policy above.
Transfers of Information
By using the EPICA services, you acknowledge and agree that your information may be processed outside your country of residence, including in other jurisdictions (like Germany or the United States) that may have different data protection frameworks than your region.
We’ve implemented and maintain a framework consistent with applicable law and this policy for transfers of information outside the country of collection. For example, when we transfer personal data collected in the European Union to locations outside the European Economic Area, we rely on transfer mechanisms adopted by the European Commission to help establish adequate safeguards, like Standard Contractual Clauses. We may also need to transfer your information to provide the EPICA services to you in accordance with our existing agreements with you, such as the Terms of Service.
This policy may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices or relevant laws. We will indicate at the top of this policy when this policy was last updated. Please review this policy every time you access or use the EPICA services to make sure that you have reviewed the most recent version.
How to Contact Us
If you have general questions or concerns about the EPICA services (such as game-related issues, trouble accessing your EPICA account, bugs or other technical problems, payment matters, or content and entitlement issues), please contact our Player Support team.
To learn more about EPICA’s privacy practices or this policy, please email your questions to legendsofepica @ gmail.com.